Today I thought I would share with you the many great benefits of Chia seeds. I learned at my workshop the other day that chia seeds are very easy to grow. You just sprinkle the seeds in the garden and …poof…theY grow like a weed. They have a really pretty flower too. They look similar to mint or basil.
My favourite way to utilise the chia seed is to soak IT in a half a glass of water for about 15 minutes and then squeeze the juice of a red grapefruit into it…stir…and drink…MMM…divine!
HERE ARE A FEW OF THE BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS;
• Super-Energizing Power…For Greater Endurance and “Go Power”! Due to its unique blend of Protein, Essential Fats, Fiber, Complex Carbohydrates, and Antioxidants, chia is unrivalled among seeds and grains for providing energy to your body.
• Improves Cardiovascular Health…super high levels of heart-healthy EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids)…chia’s oil contains the highest-known percentage of omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid, a whopping 62%–64%!
• Stabilizes Blood Sugar…Reduces blood sugar swings…and supports conditions of hypoglycemia and diabetes.
• Reduces Cravings for Sweets and Junk Foods—high soluble fiber content releases natural, unrefined carbohydrate energy slowly into the bloodstream.
• Improves Mental Focus and Concentration. Chia’s balanced essential fatty acids can signficantly boost your brain power…and brighten your mood.
• High-Quality Protein—Chia contains 20% or more protein…a higher percentage protein than found in other grains, such as wheat, corn, rice, or oats.
• Builds Lean Muscle Mass…Plus it’s useful for weight loss and weight maintenance. Chia is suitable for all lifestyles and dietary regimens, including low-carb diets and vegetarian diets.
• Gluten-Free. Unlike grain-source proteins, chia seed protein contains no gluten. You can eat chia without worrying about gluten if you are sensitive to it…or about developing gluten sensitivity. Chia is an ideal food for individuals with gluten sensitivity, carbohydrate intolerance, hypoglycemia, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, or anyone who wants to avoid common gluten-containing grains like corn, barley, and wheat.
• An Ideal Food for nearly everyone, including individuals with food allergies, food sensitivities, or food and chemical hypersensitivity. One study found no evidence of allergic response to chia, even in individuals with peanut and tree nut allergies.
• Super-Hydration and Electrolyte Balance. Chia’s soluble fiber (hydrophilic colloids) massively retains water…keeps you well-hydrated and maintains your electrolyte balance.
• Supports Healthy Elimination and Detoxification—healthy oils and fiber contribute to greater regularity and comfort…beneficial effects not to be underestimated!
• Uniquely Balanced. Chia offers an amazingly balanced ratios of macronutrients…better balanced than most grains, seeds, and many other foods.